Substitute Teaching Assistants
Gail and Terry Richardson Center for the Child
Available as needed to serve in the absence of a Teaching Assistant. Would work with a specified age group (Infants, Toddlers, Twos, Threes, and Fours) for the Gail and Terry Richardson Center for the Child at Francis Marion University. Duties would include:
1. Assists the Lead Teacher in carrying out the educational program of the Center.
2. Manages the classroom routine in the absence of the Lead Teacher.
3. Flexibly participates in coverage plan that ensures the operation of the program, scheduling yourself to be available when needed.
4. Positively represents the program to parents, visitors, and the general public by interacting positively at meetings, visits, and conferences.
5. Completes professional development activities in early childhood education through in-service training and/or college level courses
6. Maintains all applicable licensing requirements.
7. Maintains confidentiality.
8. Inspects and reports damaged or lost materials.
9. Maintains a safe and healthy environment.
10. All other duties as assigned by the director.
Educational Requirements: A high school diploma required. A two-year degree as a Child Development Associate (CDA) or equivalent is preferred.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to bend, twist, squat, kneel, climb, reach above shoulder, grip/grasp, extend/flex neck, use right hand, use left hand, ability to see, lift up to 100 lbs, stand, walk, sit, drive, perform repetitive hand motions, keyboarding/mouse work, and the ability to hear.
Typical Work Schedule: As needed.
Salary: Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Option to participate in the SC Retirement System. No health or dental benefits.
Materials Needed: 1) Letter of interest; 2) Resume; 3) FMU Application; 4) Three letters of references with addresses, home and work telephone numbers; 5) Copy of SC Driver’s License; 6) Copy of High School Diploma, GED or Certificate of Completion; 7) Copy of Diploma for CDA or equivalent if applicable; and 8) Copy of transcript from institution granting the two-year degree if applicable.
In addition, all applicants will need to complete and sign a 1) Consent to Release Information form ($8.00 – approximate cost); 2) Evidence of Non-Conviction and Statement of Compliance; and 3) Verification of experience working in a child Care Facility. (A written statement from each child care stating the center’s name, address, telephone number, A/L/R number and employee’s dates of employment is required.); 4) Medical Statement; and 5) Copy of current Infant/Child CPR and First Aid Card, if applicable.
The successful candidate must complete all DSS required forms which include the completion of a State and Federal background check and related health assessment/medical statements. No offer can be made until process has been completed.
Send Application Packet to: Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration, Francis Marion University, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution