Women’s Soccer Coach
Francis Marion University, an NCAA institution whose Women’s Soccer Program competes as a Division I independent, invites applications for the position of Women’s Soccer Head Coach. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· On field coaching, teaching and scouting; scheduling of practices; and ensuring that the goals of sport and the University are clearly spelled out to the student-athletes;
· Coordinates the recruitment of student-athletes;
· Meets with various community organizations to promote interest in the athletic program at Francis Marion University;
· Monitors student-athletes for academic requirements, retention, and progress toward graduation;
· Oversees the program’s budget, and monitors all aspect of compliance with NCAA and University regulations;
· Assists with all fundraising activities;
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
A bachelor’s degree is desired. Previous coaching experience is required, along with ability to communicate and teach skilled athletes in soccer. Candidates must follow all NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
Materials Needed: 1) Letter of interest (referencing #09-13) and completed application, 2) resume, 3) copies of all transcripts (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate), and 4) the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references.
Send Application Packet to: Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration, Francis Marion University, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547 or fax to (843) 661-1202.
Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Screening of position will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Click here for an application.
Click here (http://www.fmarion.edu/about/hrlinks) to obtain information about the State of South Carolina, and other support services for state employees.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution