Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach
Francis Marion University, an NCAA Division II institution, invites applications for the position of Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach Position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Coaching, teaching and scouting;
· Assisting with the recruitment of student-athletes;
· Assisting the Head Coach in meeting with various community organizations to promote interest in the athletic program at FMU;
· Assisting Head Coach in monitoring student-athletes for academic requirements, retention, and progress toward graduation;
· Assisting with all fundraising activities;
· Organizing and overseeing the game management duties; and
· Organizing and managing the equipment room for all sports.
A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Previous coaching experience is required, along with ability to communicate and teach skilled athletes in soccer. First aid certification is helpful. Candidates must have a working knowledge of NCAA Division II rules and regulations.
Materials Needed: 1) Letter of interest (referencing #09-26), 2) resume, 3) copies of all transcripts (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate), 4) the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references, and 5) a completed FMU application.
Send Application Packet to: Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration, Francis Marion University, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547 or fax to (843) 661-1202.
Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Screening of position will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Click here for an FMU application.
Please visit (http://www.fmarion.edu/about/hrlinks) to obtain information about the State of South Carolina and other support services for state employees.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution