Administrative Assistant -Department of English, Modern Languages, and Philosophy (13-39)
Performs a variety of advanced secretarial duties for the Department of English, Modern Languages, and Philosophy, including answering phones and serving as receptionist. Responsible for all printed materials. Supervises scheduling of audio-visual, computer, and printing equipment. Coordinates the activities of the department with other offices on campus. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Coordinating and typing material for the Department, such as letters, tests, reports, charts, etc. Composing routine correspondence as appropriate;
· Coordinating with teaching staff on needs and scheduling for printed materials related to academic programs, including course descriptions and syllabi, various testing materials, review and tutorial aids;
· Coordinating scheduling of appointments, departmental meetings, and classrooms for departmental and/or campus use, including scheduling of audio-visual equipment for classrooms and labs and assisting faculty with maintenance of audio-visual and media equipment;
· Serving as resource for the Department in maintaining the proper use of purchase orders, travel requests, test scanning, work orders, and library orders. Maintaining and tracking the Department’s purchases through incoming invoices, purchase orders, and through communication with the Purchasing Department. Investigating any outstanding budge items that occur;
· Serving as resource on use of computer equipment and word processing, printing and graphical software for building staff, using several types of computers and wide range of software applications; and
· Coordinating activities of all building staff with regard to building maintenance, heat and air conditioning, lighting, classroom and lab furnishings, room usage and reservations.
State Requirements: A high school diploma or GED.
State Classification: Administrative Specialist II
FMU Preferences: A high school diploma with additional secretarial training, either by completion of secretarial courses or on-the-job training (2-3 years). Experience with various software packages such as Microsoft Office Word; excellent communication; interpersonal and general office skills, including computer and e-mail.
Materials Needed: 1) Letter of interest (referencing #13-39); 2) completed FMU application; 3) resume; and 4) the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Procedure: Interested applicants may: 1) Come by the Human Resources Office to complete the application process or call 843-661-1140 to have an application mailed; or 2) Download the application from our website at www.fmarion.edu/about/hr and either FAX (843-661-1202) or mail the requested application referencing Position Number 13-39 to: Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Click here to download FMU application.
Please visit http://www.fmarion.edu/about/hrlinks to obtain information about the State of South Carolina and other support services for state employees.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution