Student Services Counselor – Admissions
Counsels with students planning to attend college. Consults with high-school personnel working with potential college students. Evaluates and reviews the credentials of prospective college students, both freshmen and transfers. Participates in “College Day/Night” programs in South Carolina, the Southeast, and other regions. Advises and counsels students in financial assistance, admissions, registration, housing, academic, vocational, and all related areas. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Recruiting students to FMU through established recruiting protocols, including telemarketing, campus and private visits, and presentations.
· Evaluating applications of prospective Francis Marion University students.
· Counseling with and providing information to prospective students about the admissions process and providing information about campus academic departments and support services.
· Maintaining an active relationship with high school students, counselors, teachers, and administrators and presenting workshops in high school classrooms on various aspects of college life and career choices.
· Working closely with Alumni to promote the University throughout the community and working with the Director of Admissions to assist students seeking to transfer to FMU.
· Participating in training to develop the professional skills needed for success in enrollment management.
State Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree.
FMU Preferences: Bachelor’s Degree required. Must have knowledge of: 1) FMU's admission and financial assistance policies and procedures; 2) mandatory sequence of courses; and 3) be familiar with other academic requirements. Must have the ability to travel extensively and work a flexible schedule.
Normal Working Hours: 8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P. M. (Monday – Friday). Summer hours may vary, and some weekend work will be required.
Material needed for a complete application: 1) FMU application; 2) Letter of interest referencing position # 13-21; 3) Copy of transcript (official transcript will be required of the successful candidate); 4) Resume; and 5) The names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references.
Application Procedure: Interested applicants may: 1) Come by the Human Resources Office to complete the application process or call 843-661-1140 to have an application mailed to you; or 2) Download the application from our website at www.fmarion.edu/about/hr and either FAX (843-661-1202) or mail the requested application material referencing Position Number 13-11 to: Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Click Here for the staff application
Click here ( http://www.fmarion.edu/about/hrlinks) to obtain information about the State of South Carolina and other support services for state employees.
Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution