Student Services Program Coordinator I –
Housing and Residence Life
*Twelve-month, full-time position
Under limited supervision, is responsible for contributing to the overall management of the University’s Housing and Residence Life program including, but not limited to, fiscal monitoring, program development and implementation, supervision of student staff, student development and contact, enforcement of housing policies, publications and reports, and leasing plan implementation. Will live in on-campus housing and will be on-call to provide continuous service as needed by residents. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Providing overall management of the Residence Life Student Development program;
· Providing oversight for operational processes such as student move-in, physical audits, safety inspections, move-outs, and damage billing;
· Directly supervising Resident Assistants, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; and addressing complaints and resolving problems;
· Participating in the implementation and enforcement of student disciplinary incidents as directed by the University; and
· Assisting in the development and monitoring of the Residence Life and Student Development budget.
State Requirements: A bachelor’s degree.
FMU Preferred Requirements: A master’s degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education or Business preferred. One to five years experience in higher education administration and/or student housing required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Basic typing and computer skills required.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Materials Needed: 1) Letter of interest (referencing #13-09), 2) completed FMU application, 3) resume, 4) copies of all transcripts (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate), and 5) the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references.
Send Application Packet to: Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration, Francis Marion University, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547 or fax to (843) 661-1202.
Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Screening of position will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Click here to download FMU application.
Please visit http://www.fmarion.edu/about/hrlinks to obtain information about the State of South Carolina and other support services for state employees. For any questions regarding this position, please call (843) 661-1140.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution