Assistant Director of Human Resources: Administrative Services 13-19
Performs duties with limited supervision by the Vice President for Administration. Consults with the Assistant Director of Human Resources: Employee Services to provide a comprehensive human resources program: classification, recruitment, evaluation, compensation, benefits, and safety. Has primary responsibility for the fiscal functions of the office and must ensure that all compensation practices are in accord with existing state and federal regulations, particularly the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Administers the Human Resources payroll functions
· Coordinates with business affairs staff to develop the personal services and fringe benefits sections of the University budget
· Presents the SC Budget & Control Board annually with an organizational chart of University Personnel
· Submits payroll and compensation information to the SC Budget & Control Board and other government agencies as required
· Provides summary data of variables related to payroll and compensation
· Maintains information in the databases of the University and SC Office of Human Resources enterprise systems.
· Oversees the records retention program for the Human Resources Office and the University
· Assists the Vice President for Administration with special projects as they occur
State Requirements: A bachelor’s degree and experience in human resources management programs.
FMU Preferences: Experience in payroll and/or budgetary operations. Knowledge of principles and practices of human resource management functions. Proficiency in computer operations and data presentation.
Normal Working Hours: 8:30am-5pm, Monday-Friday. Summer Hours may vary.
Salary: Commensurate with State Pay Band
Materials Needed: 1) FMU Staff application; 2) Letter of interest referencing position # 12-72; 3) The Names, Addresses, Email Addresses, and Telephone Numbers of three professional references; 4) Copies of all college transcripts (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate).
Send Application Packet to: Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration, Francis Marion University, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547 or fax to (843) 661-1202.
Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Screening of position will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Click here to download FMU application.
For any questions regarding this position, please call (843) 661-1114.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution