Under general supervision, performs a variety of periodic (frequency varies) routine and complex cleaning and other custodial duties. All duties must be performed in accordance with approved OSHA regulations. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
· Performing daily cleaning by policing entrances, stairways, corridors, classrooms, laboratories, and restrooms during and between uses to maintain a high standard of appearance;
· Performing scheduled cleaning by sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and dusting in offices, conference rooms, theaters, auditoriums and locker rooms, including fixtures, furnishings and equipment;
· Performing specialty cleaning, which includes carpet and vinyl floor cleaning, upholstery cleaning, and window cleaning;
· Maintaining assigned custodial closet, maintenance cart, and equipment; and
· Setting up and tearing down special accommodations for special events, setting up, moving and arranging furniture for building occupancy; and other related duties as required.
State Requirements: Experience in custodial, housekeeping or pest control work that is directly related to the area of employment.
FMU Preferences: Knowledge of, or background and ability to learn the operation of, various items of cleaning equipment including vacuums, floor machines, pressure washers, steam-shampoo cleaners, and extractors. Prior job experience desired. Flexibility/strength/stamina to bend, stoop, or lean over, around, or under obstacles while performing work. Must see well enough to read chemical labels accurately in various lighting conditions and to operate equipment safely at normal speeds of production. Must hear well enough to operate equipment safely, while being aware of subtle sound cues from traffic and other equipment being operated.
Materials Needed: Completed FMU application.
Normal Working Hours: 7:30am – 4:00pm, Monday-Friday. However, some day and weekend work may be required. Summer hours may vary.
Application Procedure: Interested applicants may: 1) Come by the Human Resources Office to complete the application process or call 843-661-1140 to have an application mailed; or 2) Download the application from our website at www.fmarion.edu/about/hr and either FAX (843-661-1202) or mail the requested application referencing Position Number 09-05 to: Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Click here to download FMU application.
Click here (http://www.fmarion.edu/about/hrlinks) to obtain information about the State of South Carolina, and other support services for state employees.