FMU TRAFFIC TICKET APPEAL
Any person who believes that his/her vehicle was unjustly ticketed may appeal. Before completing your appeal, you are encouraged to review the FMU Traffic Regulations relating to your individual rights and, more specifically, the sections which relate to the nature of your citation.
- The appeal must be received within fourteen (14) calendar days after issuance of the ticket or the right to appeal is forfeited and the fine will double.
- Appeals must be in writing to the Traffic Committee. The decision of the Traffic Committee is final.
- The person who received the ticket does not need to appear before the Traffic Committee unless he/she wishes to.
- If the appeal is sustained, the appellant will be notified in writing and no further action is required.
- If the appeal is denied, the appellant will be notified in writing and instructed of the action that is required.
- Payment of the fine levied or left in place by the Traffic Committee must be received within seven (7) days, or the fine imposed will double.
You can appeal a FMU traffic ticket by using this form.
- The form will be e-mailed to the Traffic Committee, Accounting Office & Campus Police.
- The person filing the appeal will receive an immediate reply that the appeal was sent.
- If you wish to confirm receipt of your appeal even after getting the reply above, the person who completed the appeal may contact the Cashier's Office at (843) 661 - 1320.
Last Published: December 8, 2016 4:57 PM