This page is used to keep the Campus Community informed of crimes that may have an impact on everyone.
The following are some safety tips for keeping your vehicle secure on campus:
- Lock your doors and roll up your windows. Most thefts from vehicles aren’t because the thief breaks into the car, it is because the thief pulls on door handles till they find one that is unsecure and then grabs whatever they can. Lock your car and roll up your windows!
- Don’t leave your keys in your car. Take them with you.
- Park in well-lit areas. If you notice a light out, contact Campus Police or maintenance so they can get it fixed.
- Don’t leave valuables in your car. This means bookbags, purses, ipads, phones, money, etc. Don’t leave them in your car and especially don’t leave them where people can see them.
- If you see something, say something. You know who belongs on campus and who doesn’t. If you see someone suspicious, give Campus Police a call at 843-661-1109 so your FMU Police Officers can check it out.
Last Published: September 7, 2016 8:18 AM