The AAFSC Diversity Award
The African-American Faculty and Staff Coalition Diversity Award was established in February 2009 to recognize and honor a permanent, full-time, faculty or staff employee of Francis Marion University who has made noteworthy efforts to promote and foster diversity. Through collaboration and participation in varied campus activities and events, the recipient of this award would have encouraged cooperation and enhanced greater levels of understanding between individuals and groups that are culturally different.
The award recipient will be recognized during the FMU African-American Faculty and Staff Coalition annual banquet in February with a plaque recognizing the individual’s outstanding contributions.
Nominations are encouraged and should be submitted no later than February 1, 2013, to Awards Committee Chair, Antwan Jacobs (email@example.com) SACC.
The following criteria have been established:
1. Recipient must be a full-time, permanent employee of Francis Marion University.
2. Recipient must have demonstrated exceptional commitment to promoting diversity for a sustained period of time, exercising sound judgment and character in his/her work. Community service activities will also be considered.
3. New nominations are required each year. Nominations may be made by any administrative, faculty or staff member at Francis Marion University. Self nominations are not accepted.
4. The deadline for nominations is February 1, and should be made on a nomination form available through the Coalition officers. Supporting materials such as campus involvement, service on committees, and community activities should be included with the nomination form.
5. Nominations will be judged by a committee appointed by the president of the Coalition.
6. Past winners will not be eligible to receive the award a second time.
The AAFSC Diversity Award Nomination form
"Together We Can"