The AAFSC Diversity Award
Greetings Faculty and Staff,
The African-American Faculty and Staff Coalition are seeking nominations for the annual AAFSC Diversity Award. The deadline for nominations is January 20, 2016. Here’s a brief summary of the award’s history and a quick reminder of the criteria.
The Diversity Award was established in February 2009 to honor a permanent, full-time employee of Francis Marion University who works diligently to promote ethnic understanding and diversity across the FMU campus. The award recognizes the faculty and staff member’s commitment to diversity at the University and community at large. This year’s recipient will be the seventh winner of this prestigious award. This award, which carries a beautiful plaque, will be presented at the annual AAFSC Banquet/Gala on February 19, 2016.
The following criteria have been established:
- Recipient must be a full-time permanent employee of Francis Marion University
- Recipent must have demonstrated exceptional commitment to promoting diversity for a sustained period of time, exercising sound judgement and character in their work. Community service activities will also be considered.
- New nominations are required each year. Nominations may be made by any administrative, faculty or staff member at FMU. Self-nominations are not accepted.
- The deadline for nominations is January 20th, and should be made on a nomination form available online at http://www.fmarion.edu/about/form10931.htm. Supporting materials, such as campus involvment, service on committees, and community activities should be included with the nomination form.
- Nominations will be judged by a committee appointed by the President of the Coalition.
- Past winners will not be eligible to receive the award a second time.
Past Winners are:
2010 - Dr. Rebecca Lawson
2011 - Dr. Louis Venters
2012 - Ms. Angela Crosland
2013 - Dr. Rhonda M. Brogdon
2014 - Ms. Yvonne Davis
2015 - Mrs. Crystal L. Graham
Please submit your complete nominations. We look forward to hearing from you soon and seeing you in February!
"Together We Can"