Authorities: All purchases must be made through the Purchasing Office.
It is important that departments properly plan their purchasing actions.
- Purchase requisitions are forwarded to the Purchasing Office after completion.
- Departments must allow for competition and purchase order processing time when establishing requirements.
- Check enclosure requirements should take into consideration check write dates.
It is the responsibility of the Purchasing Office to originate, control, and analyze quotations, bids and proposals.
- The department's responsibility includes defining quality, quantity, specifications, delivery date requirements and all other pertinent information essential to proper purchase.
- The requisitioning department should also suggest sources, when known, especially for unusual or unique items and may be called upon to assist the procurement officer in evaluating the quotes, bids or proposals received.
Coordination: Departments are encouraged to coordinate with the Purchasing Office in advance of purchase requisition submission for complex high-value procurement actions.
We cannot overemphasize the need for departments to plan their needs well in advance and involve the Purchasing Office in the planning stage.
The University is required to utilize existing STATE CONTRACTS in certain instances. The state has contracts with select vendors to provide agencies with goods and services and information technology.