Under some circumstances, traditional methods of purchase may not be applicable or practical. In those cases, faculty/staff members may opt to expend personal funds for necessary departmental supplies and be reimbursed for cost of those supplies, provided that:
- Established purchasing methods are not feasible (i.e. purchase order documents or procurement cards are not an option).
- The reimbursement request relates to departmental supplies only. Services, travel, or other forms of personal reimbursement will not qualify.
- The requestor insures their departmental policies or procedures are not violated.
- The request does not exceed $500.00. (Reimbursements in excess of $500.00 must have prior approval by the Director of Purchasing.)
- The items do not conflict with established contracts.
Reimbursements should be the last purchasing method considered. Requests not in compliance will require completion of a Ratification of Unauthorized Procurement form prior to processing.
Reimbursement requests should be submitted on a Purchase Requisition form, appropriately signed, with all supporting documentation attached. Important: The name, mailing address and social security number of the person to be reimbursed must be included.
The Purchase Requisition form will be noted "PBR-Reimbursement" and will be forwarded to the Office of Accounting for payment processing.