Steps for completing a SLED background check (with a credit/debit card):
In addition to following the steps below, please watch this "How To Video" by clicking here.
Please note: It is important to read the entire set of directions before proceeding.
1. At a computer with a working printer, go to the following website:
2. You will be asked to read the information and “agree” to the terms and conditions.
3. On the next page, you will be asked if you are eligible for reduced fees. The answer is “Not Eligible.”
4. On the next page, you will be asked to provide the following RQUIRED information: Your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME (same as on your birth certificate or marriage license), DATE OF BIRTH (note: Year, month, day—in that order—no hyphens), GENDER and SS# and then click submit. Without all of the required information, your SLED clearance will not be accepted.
5. The next page asks for credit card information.
6. At the end, you will be shown a form to print. That form must match your name and date of birth found on your FMU records and LiveText and must be delivered to your course professor and approved by the Coordinator of Clinical Experiences before a field placement can be initiated.
Please note: Due to district and university policies, candidates with ANY pending legal issue WILL NOT be placed until the issue has been completely resolved. Once a resolution has been confirmed, depending on the outcome of the legal situation, the Office of the Coordinator of Clinical Experiences will be able to advise each candidate.