Steps for completing a SLED background check (with a credit/debit card):
1. At a computer with a working printer, go to the following website:
2. You will be asked to read the information and “agree” to the terms and conditions.
3. On the next page, you will be asked if you are eligible for reduced fees. The answer is “Not Eligible.”
4. On the next page, you will be asked to provide your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME (same as on your birth certificate), DATE OF BIRTH (note: Year, month, day—in that order—no hyphens), Gender and SS# and then click submit.
5. The next page asks for credit card information.
6. At the end, you will be shown a form to print. That form must match your name and date of birth found on your FMU records and must be delivered to the office of the Coordinator of Clinical Experiences before a field placement can be finalized.