Downloading and Configuring Mozilla Firefox to work with LiveText
To download Mozilla Firefox web browser
2. Click on the icon [Download Firefox free].
3. Follow the screen prompts to download the software to your computer desktop.
4. Double click the [Firefox Setup] icon on your desktop to install the software by following the screen prompts.
5. Once the software is installed, an icon showing an orange fox on a globe will be visible on your desktop.
6. Double click on the Mozilla Firefox icon to start the software.
To configure Mozilla Firefox web browser to work with LiveText
1. Click on the word [Tools] just about the location window.
2. Scroll down to [Options] and click on [Options].
3. Click on the icon [Main] and look for the [Startup] section.
4. In the white box after the words Home Page, erase what’s currently there and type in the following: http://c1.livetext.com.
5. Next, click the [Content] icon at the top of the Options window.
6. Look for the first white checkbox labeled [Block pop-up windows].
7. At this point, you may do one of two things:
- If there is a green checkmark in the checkbox to [Block pop-up windows], you may click once on the box and the checkmark will disappear. (Note: This will allow any and all pop-up windows to appear, even the not-so-desirable ones as well as LiveText.)
- You may leave the green checkmark in the checkbox to [Block pop-up windows] and click on [Exceptions] instead. When the Allowed Sites – Popups window appears, look for the white box below the words [Address of web site]. In this box, type http://c1.livetext.com, click [Allow], then click [Close] in the lower right hand corner of the window. (Note: Using this choice will allow ONLY pop-up windows from LiveText to be seen and no others.)
8. Click [OK] to close the Options window.
9. Click the [Home] icon on the browser toolbar and your browser should automatically go to the LiveText web site.