Future Students:


Incoming Exchange Students


Housing Information

International exchange students usually stay in the Village Apartments on FMU's campus. These apartments house four students, each in private rooms, and have a kitchen, living room and bathroom with private toilet and shower. 

Each apartment has a telephone, cable television, internet access in each room, a refrigerator, microwave, stove and oven. 

The costs for a semester are typically about $2,040, though this cost is subject to change.  Studens wishing to stay in campus housing should complete their Housing Application form as soon as possible after being admitted.   Those students who are familiar with the United States may opt to live off campus in a nearby apartment complex.


Packages can be sent to your campus address once you have been assigned a room and box number. Simply use the following when addressing a package:

[Student Campus Box #]

Packages are delivered to the Housing Office.


As would any traveler, you will want to bring clothes appropriate for the weather. 

Students coming to FMU in the fall semester can expect temperatures in mid-80's F, when they arrive in August, but should expect temperatures to drop to the low-30's F (or sometimes lower) by December.  Each Village Apartment has adjustable heating and air conditioning which can be adjusted.

Students coming in the spring semester should be prepared for temperatures below freezing (32 F) in January, a comfortable, moderate spring and a warm May, usually in the mid-80's F.

FMU will provide bed linens (comforter, sheets, and pillow), bath towels, dishes, and a few pots and pans if necessary, as well as an ethernet cable for your computer.  Please let the Coordinator of International Programs know which of these items you will need so they can be available when you arrive. We ask that these items are returned at the end of your stay so future exchange students may use them.  All bed linen and towels are professionally cleaned before each semester. 

Students bringing their handy or mobile/cell phones will want to contact their providers before leaving to be sure their phones phone will receive service in the United States. If you do not have a handy you can purchase calling cards at many local stores.

Last Published: September 14, 2011 10:15 AM
Empowered by Extend, a school software solution from