Student Alumni Association
“Preparing Students to be successful Alumni”
The members of SAA shall work to develop a means of interaction among students, alumni, faculty, and the community; gain an understanding and appreciation of alumni activities and programs and convey this to the rest of the student body; establish, maintain and promote the traditions of Francis Marion University; serve as a public relations vehicle for the university and the Alumni Association; establish our identity as a viable organization through special event, community service projects, and social activities; and create an atmosphere in which lasting friendships may be developed.
• Networking opportunities with successful FMU Alumni
• SAA members may apply for the Mentor Program in their Junior year and work with FMU Alumni professionals in the surrounding community
• Monthly Community Service hours
• Etiquette Dinners
• Resume writing, dressing for interviews, interview etiquette
• Hosting at official university dinners and other events
• Fall induction ceremony
• Spring pinning ceremony
• Monthly community service on campus and local region
• Homecoming Spirit Stick Competition
• American Heart Walk
• International Arts Festival
• Organizational Fair
• Benefits Day Book Fair
• Alumni Association Phone-a-thon
• SAA Fund Raising event
• All undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in Francis Marion University with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above and who remain in good social and disciplinary standing with the University are eligible for SAA membership.
• SAA does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, ethnic origin, sex, age, political persuasion, sexual preference, disability or marital status.
• The SAA membership dues are $15 per academic year. Dues should be submitted at the submission of application, but no later than 2 weeks after acceptance.
• Members are allowed one (1) excused absence and one (1) unexcused absence from general meetings over a one-year school term.
• Members must attend at least one (1) special event or community service project.
Application for Membership
The officers of the SAA shall be the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Committee Chairpersons. This group will constitute the Executive Committee of the SAA. Any student seeking to hold or is holding an office must be an active member and in good standing with the organization and university. Before serving as an officer, SAA members must be a member for one full semester.
2011 - 2012
Bridgette Florence, President
Shelby Moses, Vice-President
Cristeena Redding, Secretary
Quanisha Nesmith, Treasurer