SwampFoxMail powered by Google Policies
- General use of SwampfoxMail is governed by Francis Marion University's Acceptable Use Policy.
- Mass e-mail should only be sent to students for the purpose of making significant announcements, conveying important University business, or providing reminders of University events. Such e-mail should be compelling, brief and to the point. Guidelines and forms for mass e-mail requests can be found on the website of the Vice-President for Student Affairs
- As a security measure to prevent potential viruses, your mail account does not allow users to receive executable files (such as files ending in .exe) that could contain damaging executable code. Any message of this type sent to your mail account will be bounced back to the sender.
- With your mail account, you can send and receive messages up to 20 megabytes (MB) in size. However, the precise amount allowable will depend on the attachment.
- New students who apply, get accepted, but do not enroll in a class will have their SwampfoxMail account deleted.
- Students who drop classes after mid term of each fall and spring will be deleted at the next fall or spring if they have not re-enrolled.
- Graduating students will have their SwampfoxMail account access deleted according to the following schedule:
- For students graduating in fall semester, accounts will be deleted in August.
- For students graduating in spring or summer semesters, accounts will be deleted in January.
Of course, the Campus Technology Help Desk is available for any questions you may have about Google Apps, as well as the transition from "old" fmarion.edu to SwampFoxMail, powered by Google. We're open 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday, and you can reach us at 661-1111, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org