BB91 FAQ Faculty
Frequently Asked Questions For Faculty
- Who do I call for Blackboard support?
- You may call the Campus Technology Help Desk at 843-661-1111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for support. The Help Desk hours are Monday Thru Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm..
- What credentials do I use to login to Blackboard?
- Blackboard uses the same account credentials as the FMU Domain. Creating an account for one grants access to both. Changing your password for one changes it for both.
- What do I do when using IE8 and I am prompted with a security warning asking "Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely?"
- Click here for detailed instructions and an explanation for why you recieve this warning.
- My students cannot see my course, why?
- Students will not be able to see the course until made available by the instructor.
- How do I make a course available to the students?
- Go to Customization > Properties.
- Then, option 3. Set Availability and choose Yes for Make Course Available.
- Click Submit.
- How do I copy content from a previous course into a new one?
- Go to Packages and Utilities in the source (previous) course
- Then, go to Course Copy
- Browse for the appropriate new course as the Destination Course ID
- Select the appropriate boxes (check all the boxes if you are unsure)
- Click Submit
- How do I get my course on Blackboard?
- All Blackboard courses are created after you place a request with the Campus Technology HelpDesk. The System Administrator will notify you when your courses are available to you.
- How and when do my courses become populated?
- Courses are populated as student enroll in your class. If your students encounter issues with enrolling in your Bb9.1 course send them to the Campus Technology HelpDesk for assistance.
- I need a user added to my course as an observer, what do I do?
- Email your request to email@example.com with the course ID (ex. SOC-102a-Thayer), person's name, email address, and what role they will need within your course. If the user is outside of the fmarion domain, a username and password can be setup for them to use within Blackboard.
Last Published: September 18, 2011 1:25 PM