Powered by Google
Francis Marion University has partnered with Google to bring Google Apps to all of our currently enrolled students. Along with email accounts, our students can also enjoy other Google applications like Google Talk, Google Docs, and more. Every student is required to activate their Swampfox Mail e-mail account, which FMU uses to communicate important information and notices. Accordingly, students are responsible for messages and information sent via the FMU provided e-mail account; therefore, it is critical that all students activate and utilize this service.
CLICK HERE to go to the Campus Technology page for links
and instructions on how to login to your account.
- General use of SwampfoxMail is governed by Francis Marion University's Acceptable Use Policy.
- Mass e-mail should only be sent to students for the purpose of making significant announcements, conveying important University business, or providing reminders of University events. Such e-mail should be compelling, brief and to the point. Guidelines and forms for mass e-mail requests can be found on the website of the Vice-President for Student Affairs
- As a security measure to prevent potential viruses, your mail account does not allow users to receive executable files (such as files ending in .exe) that could contain damaging executable code. Any message of this type sent to your mail account will be bounced back to the sender.
- With your mail account, you can send and receive messages up to 20 megabytes (MB) in size. However, the precise amount allowable will depend on the attachment.
- New students who apply, get accepted, but do not enroll in a class will have their SwampfoxMail account deleted.
- Students who drop classes after mid term of each fall and spring will be deleted at the next fall or spring if they have not re-enrolled.
- Graduating students will have their SwampfoxMail account access deleted according to the following schedule:
- For students graduating in fall semester, accounts will be deleted in August.
- For students graduating in spring or summer semesters, accounts will be deleted in January.
The Help Desk is open 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday, and can be reached at (843) 661-1111
- Over twenty-five (25) Gigabytes of email storage. No more worries about having to delete mail!
- Instant messaging & voice calls. Ping someone or call them directly.
- Google Calendar. Schedule meetings and share calendars.
- Online documents. Create and collaborate in real-time across the globe.
- Personalized Start Page. Start off the day on the right foot.
- Access your information anywhere, anytime. Available online and you can also access your email with a mobile device.
- Reliability. Google Apps products are built with speed and reliability in mind.