Future Students:



Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I change my ADDRESS or phone number?

To change your local/permanent address or telephone number, go to the Office of the Registrar in Stokes Administration Building and complete Change of Address/Name Form.  Students may also change information online at www.fmarion.edu/enrollment.

How do I notify FMU that I plan to GRADUATE?

The student must complete and file an Undergraduate Application for Degree by the appropriate deadline. October 1 for December graduation, March 1 for May graduation, and in June for students completing degree during either summer term.  Failure to meet the deadline will result in a delay to graduate.  The application form is available in the Office of the Registrar.

Can I graduate with HONORS?

All work that is taken at Francis Marion University (including repeated courses) and all work that is taken at other institutions and considered transferable (including courses in which grades of D and F are earned but NOT transferred) will be included in computing a student’s grade point average for honors.  For additional information on Honors, President’s List, and Dean’s List, please review, Academic Honors, or see the FMU Catalog.

How do I inform FMU of my NAME change?

In order for an FMU student to change their name, the student must visit the Office of the Registrar in Stokes Administration Building and complete a Change of Address/Name Form. Please submit a copy of the Marriage License, Divorce Decree, Adoption papers, etc. when filing the change of name. 

Can I go to SUMMER SCHOOL at another college or university?

A Francis Marion University student, who desires to take courses at another institution during summer or regular sessions, and needs to have courses transferred back to FMU credited  toward their degree should:

  • Complete a Transient Permission Form which is available in Office of the Registrar

  • Get approval by  his/her adviser or Department Chairperson or School Dean, and the Registrar, before registering for the courses.  

  • Graduating Seniors must have this form approved by Shala Boston in the Registrar’s Office.

How do I request an academic TRANSCRIPT?

To request an academic transcript, the student is welcome to complete and mail a Transcript Request Form or can drop by the Office of the Registrar.  Students who do not have a business hold  will generally have their transcripts sent within 1-3 days of receipt to the address indicated on the request.

Where do I go to get VERIFICATION of enrollment?

To request verification of enrollment, the student may print a copy at www.fmarion.edu/enrollment  or visit the Office of the Registrar to complete a Student Verification Request to receive a copy.

How do I withdraw from FMU?

A student wishing to withdraw from the University must obtain a withdrawal form from the Registrar’s Office.  The completed form must be returned by the student to the Office of the Registrar.  A student may not withdraw two weeks prior to “Reading Day” or anytime thereafter.  Failure to file the completed Withdrawal Grade Report Form, with the Office of the Registrar, will result in the grade(s) of F of the course(s).  To obtain additional information regarding withdrawal procedures, refer to the current FMU catalog.

Last Published: May 26, 2015 10:54 AM
Empowered by Extend, a school software solution from