Future Students:



Transient Permission

A Francis Marion University student desiring to take courses at some other institution either during the summer or regular semester sessions and wishing to have courses transferred to FMU to apply toward a degree must have in advance the approval of his/her advisor or department chair or school dean, as well as the Registrar before registering for the courses

  • Only those students who are in  good academic standing (cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above) can be approved to take courses at other institutions
  • Student must not have previously taken the course at FMU for credit
  • A transient permission form must be on file in the Registrar's Office to receive credit for transfer course
  • Student must earn a grade of C or higher to receive transfer credit

Download a Transient Permission Form

To view a list of available courses for transfer credit, click on the link below:

South Carolina Articulation Agreement

Last Published: August 5, 2014 12:13 PM
Empowered by Extend, a school software solution from