Registration for Spring Orientation is now open!
*If you plan to attend the Spring 2017 semester, you must attend orientation on January 9, 2017.
*Not sure how to sign in? Review our student account login guide or give us a call at 843.661.1288 to register over the phone.
Welcome to Francis Marion University! We are excited you have chosen to attend FMU and look forward to meeting you during our spring orientation. Our office is also available Monday through Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm, to answer any questions you may have regarding your orientation. Contact us by phone at 843.661.1288 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you on campus!
The primary purpose of the Office of Orientation is to aid students in their transition to the institution by providing them with an overview of the tools and resources available to help them excel academically and socially within the campus community.
Our goal is that all new students who attend orientation will:
- To introduce students to college services which will support their educational and personal goals (ex. library, campus technology, academic and student services departments).
- To facilitate initial academic advisement, course selection, and registration.
- To familiarize students with the campus environment and physical facilities.
- To create an atmosphere that minimizes anxiety, promotes positive attitudes, and stimulates an excitement for learning.
- To provide a welcoming atmosphere for students and families to meet faculty, staff, and continuing students, as well as other new students.
- To provide the families of new students comprehensive information about the academic and student service resources and programs.
- To provide employment, leadership, and learning opportunities for continuing students as orientation leaders, through selection, training, and supervision.
The learning outcomes derived from the goals and objectives are:
- Students will be introduced to college services that will support their educational and personal goals.
- Students will understand the purpose of academic advisement and course selection.
- Students will become familiar with the campus environment.
- Students will feel confident and excited about their decision to attend Francis Marion University.
- Students and families will be familiar with faculty, staff, and students on campus.
- Families will gain comprehensive information on campus resources available to them and their student(s).
- Student leaders will gain valuable leadership experience at the college level.