The lease contract contains guidelines, policies and restrictions on the use of The Cottage. The following information may be helpful while planning an event in this facility:
• All state and local laws concerning the consumption of alcoholic beverages will be observed and strictly enforced. No alcoholic beverages will be served to individuals under age 21.
• Functions at The Cottage must end no later than 11 p.m.; clean-up should be completed and the facility closed by midnight. The individual or group renting the building is responsible for leaving the venue in its original condition.
• Audiovisual equipment is available for meetings, seminars, etc., and should be reserved upon leasing the facility.
• Rental equipment should be removed at the end of the event. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
• Amplified music is permitted inside The Cottage and on the immediate grounds for special events. All exterior music must cease at 10 p.m.
• Rice, birdseed, and confetti are not allowed inside the premises.
• Francis Marion is a smoke-free campus; smoking is not permitted on campus properties.
• A limited number of parking spaces are available adjacent to The Cottage which is accessible from Wallace Woods Road and through Parking Lot F. Parking Lots E and F also provide nearby parking for this facility.
Full guidelines are available for your perusal.
Guidelines for The Cottage