The MSN Nurse Educator option has been developed as an innovative, collaborative track with the Graduate School of Education in response to national and regional needs for nurse educators. This fully online program prepares the graduate to serve as a nurse educator in the academic as well as clinical practice area. Graduates of this option will meet the core competencies for the Nurse Educator as outlined by the National League for Nursing (NLN) and will qualify to apply for national certification.
- Apply to FMU Graduate Program
- Submit the following items with your application:
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate programs you attended
- Three (3) letters of reference – one must be from a current employer
- Resume or CV
- A 300-500 word essay about your career goals
Application deadline is one week before classes start. However, it is highly recommended that the application process be completed well in advance in order for all paperwork and documents to be processed in a timely and accurate manner. Please allow a generous amount of time to process transcripts and financial aid.
Requirements upon Acceptance
Upon acceptance into the MSN/FNP track, learners must provide documentation of the following onto our online documentation system, CastleBranch:
- Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screen
- Annual TB skin test
- Immunizations including Hepatitis B and Varicella
- American Heart Association (AHA) CPR Certification for healthcare providers
- Malpractice Insurance
- Current, unencumbered nursing license