FLORENCE, S.C. – The Francis Marion University Alumni Association has named five new members to its Alumni Board of Directors.
New members, all of Florence, are Darrell Conner, Mari Kaye Haney, Matthew Reich, William R. Turner and Richard Warrin.
- Conner is a resource teacher at West Florence High School. He earned a bachelor’s degree from FMU in history in 1975 and a master’s in 2006.
- Haney is the general manager for Adams Outdoor Advertising. She earned a bachelor’s degree in 1995 in management from the university.
- Reich is the information technology director for Pinnacle Network Solutions. He earned a bachelor’s degree from FMU in 2007 in management information systems.
- Turner is a sales representative for Novartis Pharmaceuticals. He earned a bachelor’s degree from the university in 2000 in mass communications.
- Warrin is an accounts receivable analyst coordinator for Carolina’s Hospital Systems, Inc. He earned a bachelor’s degree from FMU in 2002 in general business and an MBA in 2005.
“We are extremely pleased to welcome our five new directors to the board. Each of them brings unique experiences, knowledge and talents to the university,” said Julian Young, FMU’s director of alumni affairs. “We appreciate the significant commitment that Darrell, Mari Kaye, Matthew, William and Richard are making to serve and look forward to working closely with them in the years to come.”
The board’s new slate of officers is: Paul Seward, vice president of commercial lending at BB&T (president); James Harrell, division vice president and general manager of Sonoco’s North American Paper Division (vice president); LaTasha Brand, assistant dean of students at FMU (secretary).
The purpose of the FMU Alumni Association is to generate and channel support, financial and otherwise, to the university from alumni through a variety of activities, correspondence and publications. The association serves as a liaison among graduates, the Alumni Office and the university community.
For more information about the FMU Alumni Association, contact Young at 843-661-1228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.