FLORENCE, S.C. – The Francis Marion University Foundation and the university’s Swamp Fox Club will hold their annual Live Benefit Auction on Thursday night (March 11).
This auction, which is being held in conjunction with the next day’s FMU Foundation Invitational Golf Tournament, will take place in the University’s Ervin Dining Hall (Palmetto Room) at 7:30 p.m. A cocktail reception will precede the auction at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets are $25 for individuals and $40 for a couple. Dress will be casual. If possible, interested persons are asked to RSVP to 843-661-1199, but tickets will be available at the door. For ticket information, call the FMU Foundation at 843-661-1199 or firstname.lastname@example.org or the athletic department office at 843-661-1240.
Door prizes will be given away.
Approximately 20 items will be offered in the live auction. Several items will also be available for bid in an accompanying silent auction.
All proceeds from the event will go to assist student-athletes and the Patriot athletic program.
LIVE AUCTION ITEMS
· Motor Coach travel to beach plus dinner for 8 at Rossi's
· The Catering Company’s Frogmore Stew for 50 people ; 30-mile radius from Florence ; use between March 11- October 31, 2010
· Elegant Dinner for 12 hosted by the New York Butcher Shoppe in Florence
· A week at an Edisto Beach House ; sleeps 10
· A week at an Isle of Palms Beach House ; sleeps 18 ; April 1- June 1 or Sept. 1- Oct. 31 excluding holidays and subject to availability
· Beach Cove in North Myrtle Beach ; 3 days, 2 night stay plus dinner for 2 at Greg Norman's
· A weekend at the Rustic River Retreat in Pigeon Forge, TN ; sleeps 6 ; 2 nights ; cabin will be available except for prior bookings and all major holidays
· Hideaway Haven in Mullins, SC ; 3 days and 2 nights ; must contact owner to reserve your weekend getaway
· Design and installation in buyer's home 16 feet of closet with rods, shelves and drawers (4) ; choice of color – white, almond, antique white, cherry, gray or carbon fiber
· Duck Hunt for Two at Maidendown Bay ; Fall 2010
· Boat Trip to Charleston ; cruise along the Waterway to Charleston on a 52-foot Sport Fish Hatteras ; 10 people; Dinner not included
· Turkey Hunt at Brockington Hunt Club in Mechansville, SC ; Hunt and Breakfast; Date mutually agreed between parties; April 2010 or April 2011
· Quail Hunt for two at Smithfield Farms via horse drawn carriage ; no automatic ; over/under side by side ; time is mutually agreeable for 2010 2011 Quail Season
· Deer Hunt for two in Marion County ; with overnight stay ; plus food provided
· 4 USC vs. Clemson basketball tickets for 2011 Season with reserved parking space at Colonial Center ; lodging also provided.
· Chick-Fil-A Bowl Tickets (2) in Atlanta ; Dec. 2010
· 3 billboards for 4 weeks ; anywhere in Florence ; based on availability
· 2 Pistols: FNP 9 and FNP 40
SILENT AUCTION ITEMS
· Suit from Butler's
· Darlington Raceway tickets
· 2 tickets to a UNC Women's Basketball Game ; any date that is available for 2010-2011 season.
· 2 Tickets to 2010 SEC Baseball Championship in Hoover, Ala.
· Black's Tire Service $200 gift certificate toward new tires
· 2 Baseball Lessons ; 30 minute sessions for hitting with Coach Inabinet/Wilson
· 2 Baseball Lessons ; 30 minute sessions for pitching with Coach Inabinet/Heffernan
· Micky Finn's Stock the Bar Package
· Bill Whitmire donates 2 days of labor (bidder must buy materials; no laying brick or plumbing)
· 4 one hour personal training sessions at Competitive Edge Fitness