FLORENCE, SC- Francis Marion University senior center fielder Buddy Sosnoskie has been named to Baseball America’s Preseason Top Prospects for the 2012 campaign.
The Statesville, N.C., native is one of three Peach Belt Conference players named to the 10-member NCAA Division II list, and the lone outfielder to make the cut.
Through three games this season, Sosnoskie is hitting .385 (5-for-13) with three runs scored, and four driven in. He leads the team with a .615 slugging percentage.
In his first season (2011) as a Patriot, he batted .396 (3rd-best in the PBC) with 42 runs scored, 10 doubles, a conference-leading nine triples, and 45 runs batted in (5th-best in the PBC). He started all 57 games for FMU, posted a .474 on-base percentage, committed only one error (with five assists) for a .993 fielding percentage, and was named the PBC Co-Player of the Year.
Sosnoskie has hit in 29 of his last 32 contests dating back to last season, and has safety reached base in 57 of his 60 contests as a Patriot.
He played his first two seasons at Virginia Tech, and was drafted by the Kansas City Royals in the 25th round of the 2010 draft, but chose to continue his college career.
Baseball America Preseason Top Prospects
1. Stephen Johnson RHP, St. Edward's
2. Ryan Thompson RHP, Franklin Pierce
3. Zeb Sneed RHP, Northwest Nazarene
4. Ben O'Shea LHP, Tampa
5. Carl O'Neal RHP, St. Mary's
6. Brett Teschner C, Columbus State
7. Joe Wendle 2B, West Chester
8. Ethan Bader RHP, Armstrong Atlantic State
9. Buddy Sosnoskie OF, Francis Marion
10. Cody Repenning RHP, Grand Canyon