FLORENCE – Francis Marion University officials will formally dedicate Griffin Athletic Complex on Monday.
John Sparrow, benefactor; Gerald R. Griffin, retired FMU athletic director; William W. Coleman Jr., member of the FMU Board of Trustees; Murray G. Hartzler, FMU director of athletics; Michael G. Hawkins, associate athletic director; and “Spyder” Webb, athletic trainer; will be honored at the Griffin Athletic Complex Dedication Ceremony at Francis Marion University set for Monday, May 14, 2012.
The ceremony will take place in Webb Plaza, in front of Sparrow Stadium at 5:30 p.m. Members of the media are invited to tour the complex following the occasion.
- Sparrow Stadium: Named in memory of Henry Booker Sparrow and Nellie Cooke Sparrow
- Griffin Athletic Complex: Named in honor of R. Gerald Griffin
- Lake Coleman: Named in honor of William W. Coleman Jr.
- Hartzler Soccer Field: Named in honor of Murray G. Hartzler
- Hawkins Press Box: Named in honor of Michael G. Hawkins
- Webb Plaza: Named in honor of “Spyder” Webb