The Outstanding Staff Service Award, established in 1999, honors two permanent, full-time, non-academic employees of Francis Marion University for sustained exceptional service in their jobs. These awards, which carry a $1,000 cash prize and a plaque, will be presented at the annual staff luncheon, scheduled in July at a date to be announced. The awards recognize the outstanding contributions of employees to the university and community at large.
One award is designated for the university’s service areas, including physical plant staff, custodians, groundskeepers and dining services. The second award is designated for academic and administrative support staff.
Nominations are encouraged to honor those employees who are truly making a difference for Francis Marion University. Nominations should be submitted no later than May 1, 2013, to the Public and Community Affairs Office, 101 Stokes Administration Building. You may nominate more than one individual.
The following criteria have been established:
(1) Recipients must be full-time, permanent employees of Francis Marion University with classification below major department head level. Department heads, vice presidents, deans and faculty members are not eligible for this award.
(2) Recipients must have demonstrated exceptional service for a sustained period of time, exercising sound judgment and character in their work. Community service activities also will be considered.
(3) New nominations are required each year. Nominations may be made by any administrative, faculty or staff member at Francis Marion University. You may nominate more than one individual. Self nominations are not accepted.
(4) The deadline for nominations is May 1, and should be made on a nomination form available on the back of this page, through the Public and Community Affairs Office, or via the FMU web site, www.fmarion.edu/news/nomination.htm. Supporting materials, such as campus involvement, service on committees, and community activities, should be included with the nomination form.
(5) Nominations will be judged by a committee appointed by the president.
(6) Past winners will not be eligible to receive the award a second time.