FLORENCE, S.C. - Francis Marion University students elected Student Government Association officers and senators on April 11 and 12. The results were confirmed by the SGA Senate on April 20. About 175 students voted in the election.
The SGA is the primary organization that represents all students in planning, organizing and directing student organizations and programs on campus. The SGA jointly participates with the faculty and administration in designated areas of governance of the university.
Donavon Bailey, a junior political science major from Columbia, was elected president. Latasha Brand, a sophomore English major from North Charleston, was elected vice president, and William Frasier Jr., a junior accounting major from Georgetown, was elected treasurer.
Elected as senators were:
• Nathan Anderson, a junior English major from Phoenix, Ariz.
• Shameka Breland, a sophomore biology major from Moncks Corner
• Amy Boone, a sophomore computer information systems major from Lamar
• Talia Dukes, a sophomore pre-pharmacy major from Kingstree
• Tommie Grier, a junior early childhood education major from Winnsboro
• Tarisha Latimer, a junior medical technology major from Laurens
• Tenisha Laney, a sophomore business administration major from Lancaster
• Vanessa Mota, a junior political science major from Gaston
• Jasmine Richmond, a sophomore pre-nursing major from Moncks Corner
• Bianca Tidwell, a senior mass communication major from Columbia
• Myrtle Verner, a sophomore psychology major from Hemingway
#267 / 4-27-00