Cheerleading Expectations 2011
Practices / Workouts
- Must attend all practices/workouts scheduled by the coach;
- Must not practice, stunt and/or tumble as a team without the coach;
- Must notify the coach or captain regarding absences and/or late arrivals at practice, games, etc
- Must cooperate with the captain/co-captain and other cheerleaders.
2. A cheerleader that has unexcused absences from any practices/workouts or game, can be removed from the cheerleading program. An excused absence consists of a death in the family, illness, and exams or mandatory coursework. Proof of each must be shown or discussed with the coach to be excused.
3. An individual who fails to meet the criteria listed above may be placed on probation or dismissed from the team.
- Must attend all home basketball games, and special scheduled games/events,
- Must arrive for home games sixty minutes (One Hour) prior to tip off, unless different time designated by the coach
- Must only perform stunts that have been practiced and approved by the coach; if a new stunt is attempted without approval, all participants in the unapproved stunt will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Must not attempt new stunts while at scheduled games/events,
- Must not cheer against the opposing team or officials
- Uniforms are the responsibility of the individual cheerleader and must be repaired and/or replaced if damaged, and cleaned before each event and/or game.
- No gum or jewelry is allowed during practices and/or games.
- Must wear proper attire for practice – shorts, shirt, socks, shoes. Hair MUST be pulled back and out of face and ALL jewelry must be removed. No loose fitting clothes.
- Fingernails must be cut short to prevent injuries.
Last Published: September 13, 2011 10:37 AM