Ms. FMU History
The Ms. FMU pageant began in 1971 and is held each year during the Spring semester. The pageant recognizes and highlights female students who demonstrate a committment to academics and campus involvement. Ms. FMU is sponsored and coordinated by the Division of Student Affairs. All Ms. FMU contestants must adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Candidates must be full-time female students at Francis Marion (enrolled in at least 12 credit hours).
2. She must enroll as a full-time student at Francis Marion for the academic year follwoing the pageant to complete her reign.
3. She must have attended Francis Marion as a full-time student for at least one semester prior to the one in which she is competing.
4. She must have a cummulative grade point average of 2.5 of higher.
5. She must agree to represent Francis Marion at various functions throughout her reign (for example: assist with local high school recruitment, attend community events, as needed, help with community service projects sponsored by Francis Marion) and must particpate in all pageant activities.
6. She must assist with New Student Orientation.
7. She must choose a community or campus service project that she will be invloved with throughout her reign (for example: volunteer at Manna House, Habitat for Humanity, etc..). This project must be approved by the coordinator of the pageant.