Ms. FMU History
The Ms. FMU pageant began in 1971 and is held each year during the Spring semester. The pageant recognizes and highlights female students who demonstrate a committment to academics and campus involvement. Ms. FMU is sponsored and coordinated by the Division of Student Affairs. All Ms. FMU contestants must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Candidates must be full-time female students at Francis Marion (enrolled in at least 12 credit hours).
- She must enroll as a full-time student at Francis Marion for the academic year follwoing the pageant to complete her reign.
- She must have attended Francis Marion as a full-time student for at least one semester prior to the one in which she is competing.
- She must have a cummulative grade point average of 2.5 of higher.
- She must agree to represent Francis Marion at various functions throughout her reign (for example: assist with local high school recruitment, attend community events, as needed, help with community service projects sponsored by Francis Marion) and must particpate in all pageant activities.
- She must assist with New Student Orientation.
- She must choose a community or campus service project that she will be involved with throughout her reign (for example: volunteer at Manna House, Habitat for Humanity, etc..). This project must be approved by the coordinator of the pageant.
Last Published: March 30, 2015 9:04 AM