Patient Rights and Responsibilities
All students can expect the following:
- To be provided with courteous, considerate care, as well as being treated with respect.
- To privacy and confidentiality with regard to treatment and medical records.
- To review your medical records in the company of a professional, but they remain the property of Student Health Services.
- To be informed of the effectiveness of treatment, and to know of possible risks, side effects, or alternate methods of treatment.
- To know whom is treating you.
- To refuse treatment, or to ask for a second opinion or an alternative course of treatment, and to be informed of the medical consequences of their actions.
- To be informed of personal responsibilities involved in seeking medical treatment and maintaining health and well being after treatment.
- To bring any dissatifaction to the attention of Student Health Services Director, Cecilia Smith, MSN, APRN, 843-661-1844.
Last Published: February 19, 2009 11:02 AM