March 15, 2019
Head Start Associate Teacher
External Job Posting
Position: Head Start Associate Teacher
Salary: $11.44 per hr.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or ECD 101 Credential/Currently Enrolled.
2. Prior Early Childhood Experience
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of instructional and recreational activities appropriate for the needs and skills of the children in the Head Start Program.
- Assist in the instruction and supervision children involved in various classroom activities including cognitive/language, health, social/emotional and personal hygiene skills.
- Assist in observing, recording, and evaluating each child’s activity, performance, behavior and growth and development; assist in developing and modifying individual education plans; assist in identifying and conveying individual child behavior problems.
- Assist in maintaining on-going contact with parents; encourage and promote parent involvement.
- Assist teacher in tracking of attendance, meal count, volunteer hours, in-kind contributions, child sign-in and sign-out sheets, health-checks, child portfolios, assessments, and other information necessary.
- Assist in conducting daily observation of children to track their educational and social gains and outcomes and record findings in child’s portfolio.
- Be responsible for classroom operations, activities and children in the absence of the teacher.
- Assist the teacher in submitting reports in a timely manner.
Must be cooperative and display a positive attitude toward working as a team with other staff members. Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written. Ability to use a computer to collect, record, retrieve data and prepare reports. Must be able to adapt quickly to changing demands, stressful situations, and multiple priorities.
Application Process: Send cover letter & resume to:
Darlington County CAA
Attn: HR Administrator
904 S. 4th St.
Hartsville, SC 29550
Closing Date: March 22, 2019