Centralized Application Service for PAs (CASPA)
Francis Marion University Physician Assistant Department utilizes CASPA for processing applications.
- All applications and required documents must be submitted directly to CASPA.
- Applications must be completely verified by the application deadline; for the applicant to be considered for an interview.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm that all application materials have been submitted and received by the deadline. The PA program and University are not responsible for notifying applicants of incomplete applications.
- A bachelor’s degree must be completed from a regionally accredited institution.
- The degree may be in any field of study, as long as all prerequisite coursework requirements are met.
- Minimum requirement for both cumulative and prerequisite GPAs is at least a 3.0, on a 4.0 scale.
- The program utilizes CASPAs overall GPA calculations for the cumulative GPA requirement; this includes all coursework taken.
The following prerequisite coursework must have been completed within the past ten (10) years, at a regionally accredited institution:
- General Biology w/lab (4 credits)
- Anatomy and Physiology w/labs (8 credits)
- two combined anatomy & physiology courses w/labs, or
- one anatomy course w/lab and one physiology course w/lab
- Microbiology w/lab (4 credits)
- General Chemistry w/labs (8 credits)
- Organic Chemistry w/lab (4 credits)
- Statistics or Biostatistics (3 credits)
- Psychology (6 credits)
- at least once course preferably in abnormal or lifespan development at 200 or above level
- Medical Terminology (1 credit)
If you have any questions regarding the admissions requirements, please contact Mrs. Elizabeth Shefton (firstname.lastname@example.org).