August 6, 2018
HR and Administrative Support at EPA
- Submit application and supporting documents by clicking on Apply Now button.
- For more information, contact EPAjobs@orau.org. Do not contact EPA directly.
The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has an immediate opening for a full time Human Resource and Administrative Support position with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA’s facility in Cincinnati, OH.
The Office of Research and Development at the EPA supports high-quality research to improve the scientific basis for decisions on national environmental issues and help EPA achieve its environmental goals. Research is conducted in a broad range of environmental areas by scientists in EPA laboratories and at universities across the country.
The Office of Administrative and Research Support (OARS) is the premier provider of administrative services that enable and support research within the EPA’s Office of Research and Development (ORD). It is composed of four divisions with responsibility for extramural programs, budget execution, travel and human resources. This opportunity is located within the OARS office of the director. The OARS Director is a senior civilian who oversees the operation of the four OARS divisions.
The selected candidate shall assist the OARS Director and his team with the administrative duties required to support and maintain day-to-day program operations, including the administration, management, and logistics of government resources. This position shall encompass both general/special projects for the Director as well as Human Resources support. His/her responsibilities shall include:
General Administrative Support
- Developing, managing, and maintaining systems and databases to track administrative processes such as supplies, training, awards.
- Maintaining records of meetings, correspondence and documents.
- Developing and maintaining document control systems for control of the location, arrangement, access, and use of electronic and paper files.
- Assisting in the maintenance, transfer, and disposition of records in accordance with established protocols.
- Assisting the Director with data entry, word-processing and development of presentations.
- Assisting with the logistics and coordination activities for briefings, meetings, workshops, video teleconferences and other collaborative efforts.
- Assisting in the creation and update of standard operating procedures for daily operations of the directorate.
- Assisting in coordinating the in-process and out-process of staff, visitors, and volunteers.
- Utilizing automated systems to enter, search, edit, and extract data and information.
Human Resources Support
- Logistics support required to establish and support Technical Qualification Board (TQB) Panels.
- Administrative support to facilitate the review of TQB application packages by the Panel.
- Developing request packages for ORD’s Years of Service Awards for routing and approval to required Agency contacts.
- Supporting ORD’s Honor Awards Program including conducting research to identify potential award materials, development of award certificates, review quality and accuracy of award materials and logistics support.
- Collecting, developing and updating materials for ORD websites related to Honor Awards.
- Supporting the cash and time off awards processes including development of forms, and data entry into award receipt logs.
- Developing and managing training requests using the Agency Business Automation Platform (BAP). Tracking training requests via a spreadsheet on a share drive.
Location: This job will be located at EPA’s facility in Cincinnati, OH.
Salary: The selected applicant will become a full time temporary employee of ORAU and will receive an hourly wage of $21.43 for hours worked.
Hours: Full Time.
Working Conditions: The selected candidate shall be supervised by a mentor who will provide day-to-day direction, as well as coach, advise and counsel the candidate, and review his/her work. The mentor for this position will be a federal EPA employee.
This position will involve work in an administrative setting and is not expected to involve exposure to hazardous elements.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required.
Expected Start Date: The position start date is August 2018. The selected candidate will be a temporary employee of ORAU working as a contractor to EPA. The initial contract period is through May 14, 2019. EPA may elect to renew the contract for an additional one (1) 12-month optional period.
For more information, contact EPAjobs@orau.org. Do not contact EPA directly.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
Required Expertise, Skills, Education, and/or Experience
Successful candidate shall have:
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Experience in administrative support functions (i.e., recordkeeping, filing) and managing records (electronic and hardcopy) or databases.
- Experience conducting internet research.
- Strong communication skills (i.e., written, oral, telephone etiquette) as evidenced by a writing sample.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, including experience handling multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
Desired Expertise, Skills, Education, and/or Experience
It is desirable for the candidate to have:
- Experience involving the management of databases.
- Experience involving the operation of video teleconferencing equipment.
- Experience with desktop publishing software.
- Experience organizing, tracking and coordinating large amounts of electronic information.
- Citizenship: LPR or U.S. Citizen
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, or Doctoral Degree received within 24 months.
- Business (11 )
- Communications and Graphics Design (6 )
- Computer Sciences (17 )
- Earth and Geosciences (23 )
- Engineering (27 )
- Environmental and Marine Sciences (13 )
- Life Health and Medical Sciences (47 )
- Mathematics and Statistics (11 )
- Nanotechnology (1 )
- Other (8 )
- Other Physical Sciences (12 )
- Physics (16 )
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (36 )
I certify that I am at least 18 years of age; have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months; a citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident of the United States of America; and not a current employee of EPA ORD or the spouse or child of an EPA ORD employee.
ORAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability); visit the ORAU website for required employment notices.