September 10, 2018
Graduate Student Services Coordinator (18-87)
Francis Marion University invites applications for a Graduate Student Services Coordinator. The successful candidate will work across the various Graduate Programs at FMU to manage admissions data, recruit and counsel students planning to attend a graduate program at Francis Marion University, and participate in “Graduate School Fair” programs in South Carolina, the Southeast, and other regions.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting students to FMU through established recruiting protocols, including marketing efforts, campus and private visits, and presentations,
- Assisting Graduate Programs with evaluating applications of prospective Francis Marion University graduate students,
- Counseling with and providing information to prospective graduate students about the admissions process and providing information about campus academic departments and support services,
- Data Collection from our applicants, including demographic data and other data to assist in grant writing,
- Working closely with the Director of Admissions to manage enrollment data from the Graduate programs,
- Assisting as needed in Undergraduate Admissions duties and events,
- Participating in training to develop the professional skills needed for success in enrollment management
Start Date: Graduate Student Services Coordinator to assume their position as soon as possible.
State Requirement: A bachelor’s degree and experience in student services programs.
FM Preferences: A master’s degree and 3 years’ professional experience. College Admissions experience preferred. Knowledge of FMU’s graduate and undergraduate admissions and financial assistance policies and procedures. Ability to travel extensively and work a flexible schedule. Excellent oral and written and verbal communication skills, excellent people and advocacy skills. Attention to detail, competence with data and technology-based systems, including office/business applications, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment are critical to the success of this position. Must be able to act as a liaison with the quickly growing graduate programs at Francis Marion University.
State Classification: Student Services Program Coordinator II (CB70)
1) Letter of Interest (Referencing Position Number 18-87);
2) Copies of all transcripts (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate)
4) The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references; and
5) FM Staff Application;
To obtain the FM Staff Application, please click here.
Send Application Packet to: Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration, Francis Marion University, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547 or FAX to (843) 661-1202.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution
To apply for this job please visit www.fmarion.edu.