New Seniors – Preparing for Graduation
- Senior Review – You become a senior and may schedule a Senior Review with the Registrar’s Office when you have earned 87 credit hours. Please call us at 661-1175 or email Sara.Rodriguez@fmarion.edu or Registrar@fmarion.edu to request a Senior Review.
- Do not request a Senior Review during the semester in which you are graduating. A Senior Review is an audit of your coursework towards completion of your degree program. This same audit is performed by the Registrar’s Office after a student applies for graduation.
- Course substitutions – If there is an approved course substitution, this authorization should be communicated to the Registrar’s Office at Registrar@fmarion.edu by the department chair or dean.
Graduating Seniors – Graduation and Commencement
FMU confers degrees three times during the academic year:
- At the end of the Fall semester
- At the end of the Spring semester
- At the end of the Summer terms
Formal commencement ceremonies are held in December and May. Students graduating in the summer can elect to participate in the Fall commencement ceremony. Those applicants should indicate August as the graduation date on the graduation application.
Deadlines to Apply to Graduate
- May graduation – Apply by March 8
- Summer graduation – Apply by June 15
- Fall graduation – Apply by October 1
Submit the required Application for Undergraduate Graduation online at: Apply Online OR complete a paper application in the Registrar’s Office by the appropriate deadline.
Upon receipt of your graduation application, Registrar’s Office personnel will review your academic record to ensure all requirements are completed or in progress. This may take 1-2 weeks after submission, due to the volume of applications being submitted. Then, each student will receive an email from the Registrar’s Office indicating one of the following:
- If you successfully complete the courses for which you are currently registered, you will be academically eligible for graduation.
- You have the following issue(s) you must address to be academically eligible for graduation.
**Please remember, in order to graduate, you must have a minimum FMU cumulative GPA of 2.0 and a GPA of at least 2.0 in your major (as well as a 2.0 minimum GPA overall in all Business courses if you are a BBA major).