July 11, 2018
Trades Specialist IV
Trades Specialist IV
|VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 5AS18||RESPONSIBLE TO: Dir. of Facilities & Operations|
|STATE CLASSIFICATION: Trades Specialist IV||LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC|
|STATE SALARY RANGE: $26,988 – $38,460||WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday|
OPENING DATE: July 2, 2018 DEADLINE: Continuous
|JOB DATE: July 2018|
To provide maintenance functions campus wide. Apply electrical, mechanical and refrigeration systems knowledge to maintain campus facility systems in excellent condition and maintain energy costs as low as reasonably achievable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform testing, repair and planned maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and refrigeration systems.
- Program and operate ATC Facilities Metasys HVAC Computer Control System.
- Repairs plumbing lines and fixtures.
- Operates basic machine tools and repairs equipment as needed.
- Constructs walls and partitions as needed.
- Performs routine maintenance duties which may include: patching walls, painting, replacing floor tile, caulking, etc.
- Assists the Campus Engineer as needed with inventory control and other related duties.
- Participate in college activities and performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Associate’s degree and two years directly related work experience or a high school diploma and four (4) years directly related work experience. Preferred experience includes: preventive and planned maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical and electrical systems.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services. Scheduling of interviews will begin on July 11, 2018 and the position will remain open until filled.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497, or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.