Network Management Systems
Students with an A.A.S degree in Network Systems can transfer to the Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems: Network Systems Management.
Associates in Applied Sciences (A.A.S) in Network Systems to Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems - Network Systems Management (B.B.A.-MIS-NSM)
Students can transfer the following courses:
- MIS major classes (18 credit hours)
- Electives (15 credit hours)
- BUSI 150, CS 150 and MIS 327 (9 credit hour waiver)
- General Education courses (15 credit hours) based on the transfer guide
It is important to note that no more than 76 semester hours of credit may be accepted from institutions accredited as junior colleges or two-year institutions. Additionally, in order to complete requirements for an undergraduate degree, a transfer student must earn at least 25% of the required semester hours for that degree in residence at FMU (including a minimum of 12 semester hours above 299 in your major).
Students with an AAS in Network Systems Management from Florence-Darlington Technical College please refer to this advising document.
Please note: AAS in NSM can be transferred only to the BBA-MIS-NSM program and not any other business major
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) Common Requirements
Students must complete ACTG 201, BUS 150, ECON 203, and 27 other hours of undergraduate credit with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher before advancing from a pre-business student to a major in the School of Business or enrolling in any 300- or 400-level business course.
General Education Requirements for a Bachelor of Science – 48 hours
* Must include the following:
- ECON 203 – Introduction to Microeconomics
- ECON 204 – Introduction to Macroeconomics
- MATH 134 – Probability & Statistics
- POLI 101 – Unites States Government or POLI 103 – Introduction to Political Science
- SPCO 101 – Basics of Oral Communication
Additional hours of electives – 15 hours
- Accounting majors need to complete only 6 hours.
Common Business Core Requirements – 39 hours
- Business Functions and Operations – 9 hours
- BUS 150 – Fundamentals of Business
- MKT 331 – Principles of Marketing
- FIN 341 – Financial Management
- Legal and Social, Ethical and Political – 3 hours
- BUS 206 – Legal Environment and Business Ethics
- Accounting, Management Information Systems, and Quantitative Methods – 18 hours
- ACTG 201 – Financial Accounting
- ACTG 202 – Managerial Accounting
- BUS 305 – Applied Statistics for Economics and Business
- CS 150 – Microcomputer and Software Applications I
- MGT 355 – Operations and Supply Chain Management
- MIS 327 – Information Systems Fundamentals
- Organization Theory, Behavior, and Interpersonal Communications – 6 hours
- MGT 351 – Management of Organizations
- ENGL 305 – Business Writing
- Administrative Process and Policy – 3 hours
- BUS 458 – Strategic Management
Major Requirements – 18-27 hours
- To graduate with a B.B.A. in the School of Business, students are required to complete 8 non-academic credits in approved Professional Activities to include:
- A minimum of 1 credit in Self Evaluation and Career Exploration
- A minimum of 1 credit in Business Etiquette
- A minimum of 2 credits in Career Preparation
- Other Professional Activities approved by the School of Business
- Activities organized by the career center will be considered as part of the approved professional activities list.