Introducing the Patriot Portal at FMU
The Patriot Portal, a cloud-based space that provides secure access to important information for students, faculty and staff at Francis Marion University. The information available to each user is specific to that user. Faculty and staff will use the Portal to complete a number of tasks related to the business of the university, and to access information related to their employment.
For FMU students, the Portal is a one-stop shop for all academic and informational needs, including registration, class schedules, financial awards and more.
The Patriot Portal provides users with access to information about financial aid, class registration, housing; links to commonly used FMU websites; and much more.
Vital materials and access to information necessary for students is included in the suite of buttons at the top of the page, including links to register for classes, access financial aid information and pay university fees.
Additional information, specific to each Portal user, will arrive through announcements and notices of coming events.
The Patriot Portal also offers users an opportunity to personalize their site.
There currently isn’t a way to order text books directly through the Patriot Portal online, but you can do so through the bookstore website. A link to the bookstore website can be found below and on the Portal main page under “Campus Links” on the right-hand side of the page.
Creating Your Patriot Portal Account
- An FMU email address and temporary password created for you can be found in your acceptance letter.
- In Patriot Portal, enter your FMU e-mail username and temporary password located in your acceptance letter.
- Username example: frank.Fox or ffox1234 (Do not include “@g.fmarion.edu”)
- Password example: fmu + the last five of your social security number (fmu56789)
- You are strongly encouraged to set up two security questions and change your password after you log into your account for the first time.
- From the top of the FMU home page, hover over Patriot Portal and click on Password Manager.
- Enter your username and password.
- Under Account Recovery, click on View Details to set up two security questions.
- Under Change Password, click on View Details to update your password to something you will easily remember.
- Passwords must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of 8 characters
- Contain lower case letters
- Contain at least one upper case character
- Contain at least one number
- Contain at least one special character (e.g.@#$%)
- Once your password is complete and confirmed, proceed to the Portal, choose student, and enter your credentials.
Patriot Portal Help!
For help obtaining FMU student credentials or logging in to the Portal, contact the FMU Office of Admissions at 843-661-1231 or 800-FMU-7551. For help with class registration, contact your advisor.
To recover a lost password, visit the FMU Password Manager.
For step-by-step instructions, click on either of the buttons below.