Accepted Students Checklist
Become an FMU Patriot
Congratulations, Patriot! We are so excited to welcome you into the Francis Marion University family.
Now that you’ve been accepted, there are a few items you’ll need to complete as you take the next step on your educational journey. Scroll down for additional details for each step.
- Choose FMU by logging in to your FMLink account.
- Activate your Patriot Portal.
- Complete the FAFSA.
- Register for and attend new student orientation.
- Pay the enrollment fee.
- Apply for housing if you choose to live on campus.
- Have AP/IB/Dual Enrollment credit evaluated.
- Submit your final transcript.
- Submit proof of citizenship.
- Complete the required immunization form.
Use FMLink to manage the following tasks, and more!
- Accept our offer of admission by clicking “Enroll” in your account
- Sign up for New Student Orientation
- Register for campus tours and events
Earning a degree from FMU is a great investment that can’t be taken lightly. The Office of Financial Assistance is eager to help student and families as they begin the path to earn a degree. To determine your financial aid eligibility, follow these steps:
- Complete the FAFSA (FMU Financial Code: 009226)
- Submit any additional paperwork sent to you by the Office of Financial Assistance.
- Review your award letter that will be sent to you shorty after all information is received.
New Student Orientation
All new students are required to attend a New Student Orientation session.
During Orientation, you will receive a comprehensive advising session, complete your class schedule, gain more knowledge of student support services and campus life, and become integrated into the FMU community.
Final Transcript Submission
The final official high school transcript should be submitted to the Office of Admissions following high school graduation. Transfer students should submit the official transcript(s) from all other institutions attended.
Transcripts are official when they remain sealed and unopened from the high school, college or university, are emailed from the designated school official, or are sent electronically through Parchment, Clearinghouse or another online transcript delivery service.
Submit Proof of Citizenship to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approved documentation includes a valid driver’s license, birth certificate, or copy of valid passport.