The 5th annual FM A’Glow promises displays of genius, creativity, and all-around talent. Once again we’ll have a drive through! Come dressed in your Halloween best and enjoy the fun.
FMU Student Organizations and Departments will be competing for multiple awards. We will be giving out a total of 7 different trophies this year!
The Pumpkin Chuckin Competition is back again, where our students design their own trebuchet to launch pumpkins into the air! This year there will be trophies for accuracy, distance and team spirit! Guidelines are included below.
Food trucks will be available to purchase from at the end of the trail where our Pumpkin Chuckin Competition will take place.
This fun event is free and open to the FMU community.
Pumpkin Carving Info
Pumpkin Distribution & Carving
Deadline: Register by October 19th
- All groups/teams can request up to 6 free Pumpkins.
- Individuals are welcome to register!.
Beyond that or if they wish for different size pumpkins or other decorations for their site, they are free to purchase items/additional pumpkins to develop their site as they see fit.
To receive free pumpkins, all student groups and individuals must register by October 19th. Please complete registration below.
We will hold pumpkin carving events down at the UC on Wednesday 10/26 and Friday 10/28 from 6pm – 8pm. You can use our carving kits, stencils, etc., and we will store the pumpkins at the UC until Saturday. Student organizations may pick up their pumpkins and carve them else where if they like.
Hay bales will be provided at the sites. Electric LED tea lights will be provided to be used for pumpkin lighting. Groups may build or add any items and additional special effects that you wish. Students are encouraged to wear costumes and be at their site during the drive-through. If you have questions, reach out to Student Life.
All sites need to be set up and A’GLOW by 6 pm on the night of the event. Student organizations are asked to set up on Saturday, October 29th between 2pm-6pm.
*All sites need to be set up and A’GLOW by 6 pm!*
Lighting/light effects will be placed in the trees and woods. All decorations need to be weatherproof. It is the responsibility of each group/organization to clean their site after the event is over at 9pm.
Awards will be given out in various categories for both groups and departments participating!
Up for grabs this year: King/Queen of Pulp (Most Unique Carving), Ghoulish Greeks (Best Greek Life Display), Fright Night (Scariest Pumpkin), Monstrosity (Scariest Display), Graveyard Smash (Best Overall Theme), Gourdgeous (Best Painted), and Spooktacular Spirit!
Pumpkin Chucking Info
Team Requirements (Individuals also welcome!)
- Teams may be of any number (the more the merrier).
- All teams must be officially registered by Friday, October 21, 2022.
- Teams are encouraged to vie for the Spooktacular Spirit Award, coming out in costume to go along with the Theme of their entry.
- All members of the chucking team must sign waivers and/or release forms in order to participate.
- Only (1) one designated “Team Captain” can fire the machine.
- All teams must ensure that the area (firing line and down range) has been cleaned prior to departure. All Trebuchets/catapults must be removed from the site following the competition.
- Oh my Gourd! Award for distance: Longest shot during the distance competition
- Smashing Pumpkins (close relative) Award for accuracy: The closest shot to the target during the accuracy competition
- Spooktacular Spirit: Judges’ choice based on Teams’ support of their entries’ Theme
Check out the rules and additional information.
FM A'Glow Route
Drive into campus for a unique experience! FM A’Glow is keeping the fun going this year with our drive through extravaganza. Turn your lights off, roll the windows down, turn our radio station up, and take in the sights as you drive through FMU’s campus. Our student organizations and departments crafted unique scenes with pumpkins! Feel free to relax at our food trucks and fun at the end of the trail!