Fall 2018 Deadlines
If you are planning on Student Teaching for Fall 2018, fingerprinting needs to be done by February 2, 2018. Once you finish fingerprinting, it will be automatically processed by the company and sent to the State Department of Education. You will leave with a receipt. Keep the receipt and turn it with your notice of intent.
Instructions on how to schedule a fingerprinting appointment can be found here. The fee for fingerprinting is around $55.
Please contact the School of Education at 843-661-1470 if you have any questions.
SC State Dept of Education Online Teacher Application and Fee Payment:
Complete this online by February 15. Nothing is “due” to the School of Education by February 15 for this…just be sure to go online and complete this by February 15.
Notice of Intent:
In order to help pre-qualify a candidate for student teaching, Candidates will submit a Notice of Intent to Student Teach and a Fingerprinting Receipt to the School of Education Office (CEMC 212). These forms are required for student teaching.
Download Notice of Intent for Fall 2018
Please submit forms to the School of Education Office (CEMC 212) by 4:30 pm on Friday, February 2, 2018.
Student Teaching Placement Request Form:
IMPORTANT…Placement forms are due o the School of Education Office (CEMC 212) by 4:30 pm on Friday, February 2, 2018. Completed forms should be submitted to the School of Education Office (CEMC 212). Please be sure that your placement form includes all previous placements. (Including your Spring 2018 placement.)
Please select the appropriate placement request form for your major:
NOTE: If you are requesting a placement in Darlington, FSD3, Marion or Horry County, click here for information on additional paperwork requirements.
Students are responsible for submitting the appropriate passing Praxis II & PLT scores by Reading Day prior to the semester you plan to Student Teach.
- Fall 2018 Student Teachers… Your Reading Day deadline to Student Teach in April 24, 2018 by 4:30 pm. This means your Praxis II and PLT scores MUST be submitted with your application. *(It is the student’s responsibility to register for the appropriate Praxis exams required for his/her major.)* ETS is no longer providing Paper Options on PRAXIS II or PLT. It is the student candidate’s responsibility to make sure that ALL scores will be in by the Reading Day deadline.
* Remember: Your application MUST contain an official paper copy (Examinee Copy) of the scores, and we cannot accept scores verbally.*
· Go to: http://www.ets.org/praxis for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact the School of Education at (843) 661-1470.
Complete Application Process:
Candidates wishing to complete his/her student teaching in Fall 2018 must submit a complete a thorough application packet on or before 4:30 pm on April 24, 2018 to the School of Education. This is a deadline, but earlier applications are encouraged (to expedite the placement process).
The application MUST include the following according to the directions described in the steps below.
Steps for completing the Student Teaching/Clinical Practice application for Undergraduates:
1) The application will be submitted in a manila folder. The candidate’s name should be listed on the folder (Last Name, First Name). The candidate’s major should be listed directly below the tab on the front of the folder.
2) The application must include:
b) Examinee Copy of applicable Praxis II and PLT scores
d) FMU Undergraduate Degree Application Verification Form (Only Undergraduate Student Teachers (EDUC 490) do this step. MAT-LD students (EDUC 770) are handled differently for this step.): Undergraduate Students should take the Degree Application form (yellow) and the Verification form (pink) to a meeting with Shala Boston in the registrar. These forms will be available in the office when you submit your Notice of Intent. After meeting with Ms. Boston, she will sign the Verification Form (pink) and return it to the student. This Verification form (pink) will need to be included in student’s application packet. Ms. Boston will keep the Degree Application form (yellow). To schedule a meeting with Shala Boston, please email her at SBoston@FMARION.EDU. Let her know in the email that you are wanting to student teach in the Fall 2018.