April 15, 2021
FMU announces tenure and promotion of faculty
Francis Marion University’s Office of the Provost recently announced the promotion of 32 faculty members, following action by FMU President Dr. Fred Carter.
Promotions effective as of the 2019-2020 academic year:
- Dr. Cynthia Nixon, Dr. Karen Gittings, Dr. Brad Johnson, Dr. Johnathan Munn, Dr. EunJung Chang, Dr. Crystal Hill-Chapman, Dr. Dawn Larsen, Dr. Jeffrey Steinmetz, Dr. Kristin Kiely, and Dr. Terry Roberts were promoted to full professor.
- Dr. Shannon Smith, Dr. Kevin LoPresto, Ms. Demetra Walker, Ms. Faith Keller, and Mr. Steven Sims were promoted to associate professor.
- The late Dr. Wendy Hatchell was promoted to assistant professor.
Smith, Keller, and Sims also received tenure
Promotions effective as of the 2020-21 academic year:
- Dr. Meredith Reynolds, Dr. Lori Turner, Dr. Louis Venters, and Dr. Nancy Zaice were promoted to full professor.
- Dr. Kim McCuiston, Dr. Tracy George, Dr. Erica Johnson Edwards, Dr. Jennifer Lyles, Dr. Jessica McCutcheon, Dr. Nicole Panza, Dr. Jeremy Rentsch, Dr. Rahul Renu, Dr. Jason Marley, and Dr. Chris Washington were promoted to associate professor.
- Dr. Kellie Middleton and Dr. Anna Katherine Townsend were promoted to assistant professor.
McCuiston, Dr. Lisa Midcalf, George, Johnson Edwards, Lyles, McCutcheon, Panza, Rentsch, Renu, Marley, Washington, and Lopresto all received tenure as well.