Click here for information on required exams.
Want a study buddy for the PRAXIS exam? Want some tips for taking the test? Want access to some study materials? Would you like to talk to someone who has passed the PRAXIS exam you need to take? Then, come to the PRAXIS Study Sessions held in the School of Education Conference room (next door to the Teaching Fellows Lounge) in CEMC! We will meet on the dates below from 3:30-5:30 PM. Bring your own study materials to study with others! For some sessions, there may be a guest student speaker to talk about their own tips/tricks for passing the PRAXIS. Dr. McCuiston will be sponsoring these study sessions and will be on hand to answer questions. This is open to any teacher candidate who needs to take any of the PRAXIS exams (PRAXIS Core, PRAXIS II, Principles of Learning and Teaching). Come to as many as you would like! Remember that you must have passed/exempted PRAXIS CORE before you can be accepted into the School of Education, and you must have passed your certification’s PRAXIS II Exam(s) and Principles of Learning and Teaching before you are eligible to student teach!
Study Sessions from 3:30-5:30 PM in the School of Education Conference Room to be held on the following dates:
Thursday, January 24th
Monday, February 18th
Thursday, February 21st
Monday, March 18th
Thursday, March 21st
Monday, April 15th
Thursday, April 18th
See you there!
Apply to the Professional Program
- Application for Admission to FMU’s SOE Professional Program.
Clinical Course/Field Experience Information (Prior to Student Teaching)
- Information for Candidates Enrolled in Courses Requiring Any Field Experience
- Requirements for Field/Clinical Experiences in Darlington, Florence 3, Horry and Marion Counties
- Watch this “How to Video” for completing a field experience placement request form by clicking here
- 2018-2019 Internship Timeline
- Dos & Dont’s for a successful field experience.
Criminal Background Check (SLED)
- Process for Completing a SLED Background Check (This link is not to be used for Student Teaching. If you are student teaching, click on the appropriate semester link below.)