Apply to the Professional Program
- Application for Admission to FMU’s SOE Professional Program.
Click here for information on required exams.
Elementary Education Teacher Candidates can take either the 5001 PRAXIS series or the 7811 PRAXIS series for their PRAXIS II content exam. This will be in addition to the Principles of Learning and Teaching exam also required. Candidates may “mix and match” the exam—for instance, pass the English, Math, and Science sub-exams for the 5001 series and the Social Studies sub-exam from the 7811 for certification. Please note it is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure he/she has taken and passed the correct exams prior to student teaching.
PRAXIS Study Sessions
The School of Education will host Praxis Study sessions for any education students interested in attending, no RSVP required, you can just show up. The sessions will be held in the School of Education Conference Room (CEMC 203A) from 3:30pm – 4:30pm on the following dates:
Thursday, September 19th
Thursday, October 17th
Clinical Course/Field Experience Information (Prior to Student Teaching)
- Information for Candidates Enrolled in Courses Requiring Any Field Experience
- Requirements for Field/Clinical Experiences in Darlington, Florence 3, Horry and Marion Counties
- Watch this “How to Video” for completing a field experience placement request form by clicking here
- 2019-2020 Internship Timeline
- Dos & Dont’s for a successful field experience.
Criminal Background Check (SLED)
- Process for Completing a SLED Background Check (This link is not to be used for Student Teaching. If you are student teaching, click on the appropriate semester link below.)