The HCA clinical track is only available to students having completed an applicable Associate’s Degree in Respiratory Care, Radiologic Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, or a certified or licensed healthcare discipline deemed applicable by the School of Health Sciences.
Applicant’s previous overall academic success is the primary factor considered for admission to the School of Health Sciences. In addition, the School of Health Sciences seeks to assure diversity among its applicants and student body. Prior clinical experience and a commitment to healthcare are also valued. To be considered for admission, applicants must have a completed FMU application file including the following:
- A copy of the student’s acceptance to the University
- Three professional references (preferably instructors and employers)
- An official transcript verifying an associate’s degree in an allied health profession
- A copy of the applicant’s current unencumbered license or certificate
Students may apply to FMU through the Admissions website.
A major in Healthcare Administration, Clinical Track requires the following:
- 60 hours of transfer credit (towards FMU General Education Requirements and as general electives) from an Associate’s Degree in the allied health professions of Respiratory Care, Radiologic Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology or a certified or licensed healthcare discipline deemed applicable by the School of Health Sciences.
- Interprofessional Healthcare (IPHC) courses
Courses may be listed under the department offering them
- POL 215 – Introduction to Public Administration
- IPHC 301 – Professional Role and Practice
- PSY 314 – Health Psychology/Behavioral Medicine
- IPHC 334/NRN 334 – Research in Practice
- IPHC 380 – Introduction to Public Health
- IPHC 445/NRN 445 – Population-Focused Care
- IPHC 448/NRN 448 – Healthcare Policy Development
- IPHC 451 – Healthcare Finance
- IPHC 456 – Leadership in the Healthcare Environment
- IPHC 457 – Professional Capstone Course
The minimum number of semester hours (major, all general education requirements, a minor or 2 collaterals, general electives) is 120.